Friday 13 May 2011

All well - got 40.5 KM done - Very Hot

I really wish I would have done this earlier.

It is an amazing journey. Yesterday was 20.5 km today was 22. I am in
the most amazing auberges. That is a hostel.
My feet, knees and thighs are very sore. I am speaking a lot of french.
We are walking through fields of olives, wheat with poppies growing
amongst them and almond trees and rocks and everything.

I can´t imagine finishing this trip the way I feel today.
But I met a woman tonight who has walked 1000km from France and excited
about the next 700km.
She is probably 20 years older than me.

What can you say to that?

I am meeting people from all over the world.

My new dear friend is from Germany and is living almost the same life as
me.
So cool. She left her job and everyone thinks she a little crazy.
The weather is hot by the afternoon.

We had a kitchen to make dinner tonight which was wonderful so we could
have some vegetables.
Wine is extremely cheap. My music keeps me going during the day.
Its amazing what the mind does.

thanks Chris
xoxo
Maureen
May 13, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment